GENERAL CARE OF YOUR TVAN
- George Day Caravan's can service your Tvan. To make a booking click Submit a Request and select Service Booking.
- When in Victoria, the Track Trailer Service Department is able to service your Tvan when required. Bookings can be made on 1800 69 8826. Alternatively contact your local Track Trailer agent or dealer
- Service brakes, bearings and shock absorbers BEFORE undertaking a long trip, especially if travelling in remote, harsh environments. Contact your Track Trailer agent to make a booking
- Regularly check your electric brakes following the Brake Controller manufacturer’s instructions. Track Trailer suggests you keep a copy of the instruction manual in your vehicle at all times and use a brake controller with a digital readout so fine adjustments can be made to maximise braking efficiency
- Before adjusting your braking power, ensure the trailer brakes are warm
- Do not drill holes into the drawbar or chassis as this can compromise the structural integrity of the trailer
- Your Tvan can be washed with automotive cleaning products (except canvas).
- The fabrics used inside your Tvan are automotive fabrics and should be vacuumed to clean. If necessary, warm soapy water can be used. Do not scrub – the fabric may pill. Do not use petrol or solvents. Do not machine wash curtains
- Fitting larger mud flaps to your tow vehicle will assist in reducing stone damage to the front of the van. The stone guards on the front of the van provide a significant amount of protection to both the front of the van and rear of the tow vehicle by deflecting the stones downward
- Gas regulations are fixed to the outside of the kitchen locker door and depending on the model, fitted to the kitchen side stone deflector or affixed to the box near the gas bottles. Please read these
- Your Tvan is covered by a 36 month warranty on all Track Trailer manufactured components and a manufacturer’s warranty on all fitted parts from the date of purchase. The chassis and suspension arms are covered for a further 24 months after the end of the 36 months. A copy of the warranty is included in this manual
- The normal wheel bearings used on Track Trailer Tvans are 1600kg rated, 50mm parallel axle (Part No. L68149/10) bearings. On some trailers, to match the wheels or for increased load carrying capacity, we use special stub axle sizes and matching hubs.
- The wheel bearings are designed to work under extreme conditions. Please check at least every 5,000km for excessive end play by jacking up the wheel, moving the tyre from side to side and feeling for movement. If end play is excessive, the bearings will need to be adjusted. Please familiarise yourself with the “feel” of the correct end play and the procedure to adjust the wheel bearings prior to undertaking long outback trips.
- Track Trailer recommends servicing wheel bearings every 10,000km using new bearings and dust caps with quality grease and seals. Always inspect for dust or water ingress, as this can lead to premature bearing failure. The factory grease will look brown if dust contaminated and light blue if water contaminated. If there is any doubt about the bearings condition, replace them.
- For further information and troubleshooting on wheel brakes and bearings, refer to the supplied AL-KO manual.
- The shock absorbers, especially their bushes, are the hardest working components on any off-road trailer. Track Trailer uses quality Koni shock absorbers which are very reliable and are able to be rebuilt in most situations if required. As they have been valved to suit the MC2 suspension by Koni, they can only be purchased from Track Trailer through your dealer.
- They should be inspected for leaks and/or physical damage in corrugated outback conditions on a daily basis. Slight oil dampness on the outside of the shock absorber on corrugated roads is normal due to temperature build up within the shock absorber, causing some oil to be expelled. Wipe the surface of the shock absorber clean.
- Extreme use or sustained very high speed on corrugations can lead to shock absorber overheating and failure. We recommend carrying at least one spare shock absorber in remote areas just as you would for the tow vehicle. Slight pitting due to stone damage is also okay as the shock absorbers are of twin tube design.
- Regularly inspect the upper and lower bushes for excessive movement and loose nuts in rough conditions. The lifespan of shocker bushes is influenced by road conditions, load and driving style but is usually about 20,000km. If in doubt, replace the bushes to prevent subsequent damage to other suspension components.
- Urethane bushes are not recommended due to increased shock transfer.
- Track Trailer uses quality Land Rover and Toyota designed automotive bushes in our MC2 type suspension. These have a very long service life often exceeding 100,000km. They should also be inspected for damage on a regular basis. They require no lubrication and only minor checking and adjustment of wheel alignment at the 10,000km service intervals. The main suspension nuts at the end of each arm should not be adjusted between services as this will affect wheel alignment settings.
- Track Trailer uses Vehicle Components DO35 couplings on new trailers.
- The DO35 has three grease nipples that should be greased every 10,000km in normal conditions and 5,000km in extreme conditions.
- The coupling pin and articulated head should be cleaned and lubricated (with multi-purpose grease) at least weekly in dusty conditions (daily in extreme conditions) to keep everything
moving smoothly and to prevent excessive buildup of fine dust within the coupling.
- Do not overload with grease as this just attracts more dirt to the outside of the coupling. It may be necessary to carry out this cleaning operation each day when extreme amounts of very fine bull dust is encountered.
- Track Trailer uses AL-KO 10 inch off-road electric drum brakes on Tvan for strength and greater driver control to suit varying road conditions. These should be inspected for wear or damage and adjusted every 10,000km under normal conditions and every 5,000km under extreme conditions to maintain optimum braking efficiency and handbrake operation.
- The brakes may be readjusted after a 1,000 km run in period from new, to maintain optimum performance.
- If at any stage the handbrake becomes ineffective, this probably indicates the brake shoes may require adjusting.
- Maintenance of canvas should be to the manufacturer’s recommendations which are attached to the inside of the tent. We recommend brushing dust and debris off, hosing any panels that get stained and ensure the canvas is completely dry before storage of longer than 2 days. Scrubbing or chemicals will reduce the water resistance of the fabric. The vinyl floor may be mopped with a mild detergent.
- The exterior can be washed with regular car washing detergent.
- Track Trailer recommends against polishing the satin powder-coated surfaces as this can lead to discoloration, however, windows and fiberglass both benefit from the occasional polish.
- Constant corrugations and fine dust can lead to nuts and bolts unavoidably loosening over time even when fitted with locking washers or Nyloc nuts. Track Trailer recommends inspecting all hinge nuts and bolts, wheel nuts, etc. regularly to ensure they don’t vibrate loose.
- Track Trailer recommends using a multi-stage battery charger to maintain batteries in peak condition when stored.
- Battery terminals should be regularly inspected for tension and corrosion as this can degrade the battery’s performance and lifespan.
- Trailer-to-vehicle connections should also be inspected regularly for corrosion, damage and security to ensure correct lighting, braking and charging, and to prevent possible damage to other electrical components.
- Occasionally around fittings and corners, slight hairline cracking of the gel coat (coloured surface of the fibreglass) may become evident. This is normal and part of fibreglass construction.
- If your Tvan is subjected to extreme conditions, inspect and service these areas more frequently.
TRACK TRAILER WARRANTY
- Harvey Technology Pty Ltd trading as Track Trailer ("Track Trailer") of 1/640 Dorset Road, Bayswater, Victoria, 3153, provides the following warranty in relation to the Track Trailer Campers, Caravans and Trailers products ("Trailer").
- For safety and use instructions, please refer to the Owner’s Manual provided with the Trailer.
- Track Trailer warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the body, chassis and suspension of the Trailer will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the duration of the applicable warranty period specified below:
- The Tvan camper trailer has a 3 year Warranty* effective from the date of delivery.
- 1. Any Trailer used in a commercial application carries only a 12 month warranty
- 2. Unless otherwise indicated, any 'Demonstrator' Trailer purchased carries a 3 year warranty from date of manufacture
- 3. Track Trailer further warrants the chassis and suspension arms to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a further 2 years for private purchasers, thus totaling 5 years for these components
- This warranty is transferable to a subsequent purchaser if the Trailer is sold by the original purchaser during the warranty period.
- If a defect appears in the body, chassis or suspension of the Trailer before the end of the warranty period and Track Trailer finds the Trailer to be defective in materials or workmanship, Track Trailer will, in its sole discretion, either:
- (a) replace or repair the Trailer or the defective part of the Trailer free of charge; or
- (b) cause the Trailer or the defective part of the Trailer to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer free of charge.
- This warranty is in addition to any warranties imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
- Track Trailer reserves the right to change the Trailer's specifications or designs at any time without notice and without liability. Track Trailer reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Trailer with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
1. If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the purchaser must first contact Track Trailer or an authorised Track Trailer distributor.
2. Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
a. proof of purchase;
b. full details of the alleged defect; and
c. appropriate documentation (such as historical and maintenance records).
3. The purchaser must make the Trailer available to Track Trailer or its authorised distributor for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Trailer, the Purchaser must pay Track Trailer's usual costs of service work, testing and re-handling.
4. The purchaser must bear the cost of the transport of the Trailer to and from Track Trailer or the authorised Track Trailer distributor, and all insurance of the Trailer.
Fabric items such as canvas and tents are warranted by their individual manufacturer's warranty.
The warranties will not apply where:
(a) The Trailer has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Track Trailer or an authorised Track Trailer agent;
(b) The alleged defect in the Trailer is within acceptable industry variances;
(c) Track Trailer cannot establish any fault in the Trailer after testing;
(d) The Trailer has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
(e) The defect in the Trailer has arisen due to the purchaser's failure to properly use, operate and maintain the Trailer in accordance with Track Trailer's instructions, recommendations or specifications including applicable maintenance schedules;
(f) The Trailer has been subject to abnormal conditions, including temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
(g) The defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident;
(h) Unauthorised parts or accessories have been used on or in relation to the Trailer;
(i) The Trailer has been overloaded; or
(j) The Trailer has been used in competitive activities.
This warranty does not apply to supplied components or maintenance items. For clarification of the supplied components and maintenance items, see below.
This warranty does not extend to damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear.
Track Trailer makes no warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty. The warranties are subject to, and the exclusions apply to, the extent permitted by State and Federal legislation.
The repair or replacement of the Trailer, or part of the Trailer, is the absolute limit of Track Trailer's liability. Track Trailer is not otherwise liable for or in connection with the assembly, manufacture, design, supply, use or operation of the Trailer or the description, quality, condition, performance, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the Trailer.
Track Trailer will not be liable to the purchaser or any other person for any direct or indirect consequential loss, damage, costs incurred or suffered by the purchaser or any other person, including but not limited to damage to persons or property damage to a third party or, loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill.
Track Trailer assumes no responsibility or liability for defects in workmanship, materials or operation of supplied components that are separately warranted. The purchaser should contact the manufacturer or importer of the supplied components to make any warranty claim in relation to these items. Please note that the length of warranty periods provided for the supplied components and their terms may vary.
CLARIFICATION OF WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR SUPPLIED COMPONENTS & MAINTENANCE ITEMS
The Track Trailer warranty also does not apply to normal maintenance items. Maintenance items include:
• Shock absorber bushes
• Wheel bearing servicing and adjustment
• Brake adjustment or replacement due to wear
• Wheel alignment adjustment after 3 months
• General greasing and tightening of components
In the event of a warranty claim it may be necessary for the purchaser to purchase a replacement component part (such as shock absorbers), following which the faulty component will be returned to the manufacturer for testing to confirm that the failure occurred due to a manufacturing defect. A refund will be issued from the manufacturer if the item is found to have failed due to a manufacturing defect.
The items listed below are not manufactured by Track Trailer and are not covered by Track Trailer's construction warranty. Instead they are warranted by their individual manufacturer's warranty against manufacturing defects.
DESCRIPTION OF SUPPLIED ITEM
MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY PERIOD
Braking components & bearings - 12 months
Canvas - 12 months (material and workmanship)
Coupling - 24 months
Drawer runners, slides & locks - 12 months
Electrical components - 12 months
Fire extinguisher - 6 years
Gas bottle - 10 years
Gas regulators & hoses - 12 months
Gas struts - 24 months
Inverter - 12 months
Jerry can & gas bottle straps - 12 months
Jockey wheel - none
Over centre latches - 12 months
Radio equipment - 12-36 months (model & product specific)
Solar panel - 20years output warranty 12 months on the unit
Shock absorbers - 24 months
Sink - 12 months
Smoke alarm - 24 months
Springs for suspension - 12 months
Springs for deck - 12 months
Stoves & other appliances - 12 months
Tents, poles & awnings - 12 months
Upholstery & mattresses - 12 months
Water pumps & other plumbing - 12 months
Wheels & tyres - 12 months